You don’t need a green screen to use mmhmm (but here’s why you might want one)
Nov 2, 2020
It’s tough to set up an office in a small home, but mmhmm can help hide the mess behind you. We’ve got two ways of concealing the Calico Critters in your background during meetings: you can either set up a green screen (or a bedsheet) or you can use our virtual green screen, which automatically cuts out and displays your silhouette regardless of what’s going on in your background. (Either way, you get to take advantage of our Rooms catalog, including animated backgrounds that use very little computer processing power.)
Here’s how to decide which is right for you.
Virtual green screen
- People who want to keep things simple
- Anyone who moves their laptop to different locations
- People with small office spaces that can’t accommodate a green screen.
- None! Just know that this does take more computer power than a green screen, so if you have trouble with maxing out CPU, you might want to try a green screen instead.
- People who want to have the highest quality silhouette contrast
- People who might otherwise have a lot of movement in the background
- A retractable green screen like Elgato's collapsible green screen is easy to put away.
- If you can pin it up permanently, a cheap, green bedsheet will also do the trick.
- You’ll need to adjust the settings in mmhmm under the Camera button on the top right.
- Some lighting on you from a window, a lamp, or a light.